Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

jim fired this volley in news:ItydnZ_UiK-
:

So whatever you mean by prismatic, its not a concept
that CamBam recognizes.

Anyway, prismatic surfaces are not generally used for
mating surfaces. For example, irregular shaped parting surfaces.

Yes, Jim, I know the limitations of the machines and the tooling. I was
only commenting on the ability of the software to follow an arbitrary
curve. And if you weren't only trying to find fault with every comment,
you'd have to admit that an STL _can_ be as precise as you'd like to make
it. That introduces other overhead, but isn't by itself a factor that
limits accuracy. (time, yes; accuracy, no)

I already affirmed that 2.5D software can't (easily) do complex 3D mating
surfaces. Your comment was only a goad, to no purpose.

And yes, I know you don't know what 'prismatic' shapes are, or you'd
understand how real-world parts can be planned to part or mate on such
boundaries.

You howl like someone who's got 5-axis CNC at his disposal, but you
chitter like someone who's only citing what he's read, and never really
made any parts in a real shop, with 3-axis machinery.

Lloyd