Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

jim fired this volley in
:

One things for sure, you aren't cutting arbitrary 3d shapes to
0.0001" accuracy.

I don't know that CamBam _can't_ do that. I know it has the mathematical
precision to manage it, but have never learnt enough of its 3D features
to know with what accuracy it mills 3D parts. But I have to ask this,
"Will FeatureCam do that?" If so, what's the cost per seat?

A lot of what the intelligent 2.5D user does is to plan parts for 3D
space and volume functionality, and 2.5D fits. That is, prismatic
surfaces are employed for fit-ups. And, of course, pretty much any CAM
can do that precision of work on prismatic surfaces.

Lloyd