Posted to sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
pedro[_3_] pedro[_3_] is offline

Default Braun electric toothbrush charging

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:47:33 +1100, "Bob Milutinovic"
wrote:

This morning I had a look at my daughter's newer unit, which has a slightly
wedge-shaped oval as the docking point, and that seems to have considerably
more bulk to the base unit - about an inch tall - which may likely house
additional electronics.

The one we have is like this (but with Oz-pins of course ...):

http://www.service.braun.com/product/big_img.asp?artGrp=3731&partno=0067040173&l=GB&c=A U&pic=parts|xl|67040173_xl.jpg

Sorry about the URL mess.

I still contend though that because of the relatively low price of these
units, it's not worth pursuing repair for any reason other than personal
satisfaction.

That's the current Plan A. $34 plus $10 shipping from east coast, or
$39.95 ex the one local source.

Then I can do a Jeff Liebermann learn-by-destroying job on the
existing wall unit. Wedging a couple of flat-blades into the current
one showed what appeared to be the end of a pcb and clear silicon bog
filling the entire enclosure. There's something in there warranting a
pcb, and enquiring minds (this one at least) feel a need to know.