Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How to remove battery cover in Plantronics headset

On 12/16/2013 06:42 PM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:54:04 -0500, Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article ,
Jennifer Murphy wrote:

An Internet search turned up several companies that sell replacement
batteries, biut none of them have instructions. The problem is that I
cannot figure out how to open the battery cover. It has a little
Phillips screw, which I removed, but that doesn't seem to hold the cover
on.

There is another round "cap" that appears to require a special tool.

Jennifer-

I suspect the headset is considered a replacement part for the system.
It appears to be an expensive system, and probably worth replacing the
headset rather than throwing it away.

My guess is that you are trying to remove the wrong "cover". There is a
replacement battery for a Plantronics CS70 at Amazon. The photo shows a
flat battery, which might not fit through the round area you are trying
to open. You might contact Amazon or Bedford Power, their supplier, to
see if instructions are included.

I would look for a way to remove a side panel of the battery compartment
rather than the end. It might be as simple as sliding a fingernail
along the edge of a plastic panel. The screw you removed may or may not
be involved.

Right you are. The silver cover slides off if you pull in the right
direction after removing the screw.

I visited a Plantronics factory many years ago, and was impressed with
their operation. Whatever they lack in customer relations, they make up
for in the quality of their products. I doubt a chinese knock-off would
last as long or work as well.

If I ever replace the whole unit, I will definitely be looking for
something with replaceable batteries. Soldering the batteries is
ridiculous.

Good luck, it's a disposable society. Even cell phones are going toward
non replaceable batteries which I totally disagree with, but I doubt the
average consumer will notice. The expected lifespan of the product is
likely shorter than that of the batteries.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel