Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What height is your flat screen TV?

On 12/15/2013 08:07 PM, wrote:
From everything I read on the internet it says to install a flat screen TV eye level when in the most comfortable posture. That means the vertical middle of the screen should be eye level when you’re sitting comfortably when in front of a couch. They say that if you install it higher than that you will strain your neck. I did exactly that and now I’m having an argument with my spouse who says it’s too low. What height is your flat screen TV and why?

Mine is higher. The bottom of the TV is at the height of my head when
I'm sitting down to watch TV. I didn't plan it that way. That's the
height of the old record cabinet I'm using as a TV stand. I think lower
(as you say) would be worse (especially with a big cat in my lap).

--
9 days until The winter celebration (Wednesday December 25, 2013 12:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Useful Phrases to Know when Traveling in The Middle East: Akbar
khali-kili haftir loftan - Thank you for showing me your marvelous gun"