Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CNC Homeshop Machining With A FADAC UMC10

On Monday, December 16, 2013 7:17:22 AM UTC-8, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
jon_banquer fired this volley in

:

Note the request by another commenter for a 3D surfacing video.

I'm still waiting for Mark Wieber, or any of his clique of idiots, to

discuss machining parts that need surfacing. I've seen no evidence

whatsoever that a liar like Mark Wieber, or any member of his clique

of idiots, has ever created surfacing toolpath. I have also seen no

evidence that these losers can machining anything other than simple

prismatic parts.

There is a lot more to CNC machining than just doing prismatic parts

and converting an old knee mills to Linux CNC.

Show us an example of what you call "3D surfacing".

Even the low-priced UK CamBam (primarily targeted to hobbiests) can do 3D

surfaces, roughing to approximate shape with flat end mills, and then, if

you have the time, pretty good surfacing at small stepovers and small

depth increments, using ball and bull-nosed cutters.

So, I'm not sure what you mean when you say most CAMs can't do it, unless

I don't understand what sort of 'surfacing' you're referring to.

Lloyd

I already posted examples and the thread was basically ignored. I see no reason to do it again. It's pretty clear to me that serious home shop CNC machining isn't an interest in this group at this point.