Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default mystery tool

On 12/16/2013 12:10 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
Cleaning up my tools and organizing them; I actually have two of these

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/th...?sort=3&page=1

The label reads:

(something)T and CLINCH
OK INDUSTRIES INC
3455 CONNER STREET
BRONX, NY 10475, USA
MADE IN ITALY

Cast/stamped into the metal above the label is "TP-3"

I assume it has something to do with electrical or electronics work
based on where I got them (in a lot of stuff that I was told to dispose
of at a previous employer - and yes I was told it didn't matter how I
disposed of it) I knew what most of the tools were but this one has me
stumped. A web search is not helping, other than to confirm that OK
Industries does make electrical/electronics tools...

any help appreciated; if this is worth anything I'd like to sell one, I
have too much crap. If it's fundamentally worthless one of 'em (or
both?) is going into the trash...

thanks

nate

It looks like what I've seen before for installing through the hole
circuit board components to cut, bend over and flatten the component's
lead to prepare it for soldering. ^_^

TDD

Ah, that makes sense... both from where I found it (in a drawer with
stuff that might have been related to it, like one of those little
triangle things for shaping the leads of resistors/diodes, some chip
pullers, etc.) and also from Irreverent Maximus' post where I did learn
that the sticker apparently should have read "CUT and CLINCH"

probably not horribly valuable I guess then... maybe I'll keep one in
case I ever need it and give one to my roommate who never will but
hoards tools like an obsessive compulsive squirrel.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel