Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default IDT?

On 12/16/2013 10:36 AM, TomR wrote:

I am just curious which company you went with for the savings (if you don't
mind mentioning the company name). And, did you figure the $12/month +/-
savings from your actual bill, or do you do the actual calculations of the
rate you pay per unit of energy compared to the rate that your regular
utility company charges?

I'm in CT and the power here is CL&P. I'm buying from Dominion, one of
the larger companies, but ConEd had some good rates. They are good for a
year.

The savings is from the generation rate compared to the CL&P normal
charge. Savings, of course, also depends on how much power used total.
I'm in the 800 to 900 KW range per month. I know people that use half
that.

Next year my rate will be about 1¢ less.

Look for a link from the power companies web site. There should be a
site with a full listing. Some will be higher than your published
standard rate too, so choose with care. My preference had been for a
fixed rate for a year, but there are plenty of variables offered too.