Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ignoring with Thunderbird

On 12/15/2013 6:21 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 12/15/2013 1:45 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 12/15/2013 8:08 AM, Meanie wrote:
Anyone know how to put a user on ignore using Thunderbird newsgroup
client? By ignore, I mean not see their replies, posts, etc.
similar to
how it was done with Outlook Express.

Thanks

Personally I never killfile anyone but I've told a number of anti free
speech types and netcops to please killfile me. I'm using Thunderbird
24.2.0 and if you tell me which poster you wish to filter, I would be
glad to tell you the steps to take, even if you wished to filter out
me.
^_^

TDD

People can be free to speak wherever they want (except on my property)
but I don't have to listen/read it. Therefore, I'll simply ignore them.

Yes, I also have 24.2.0 and no, it's not you. I've never seen a reason
to ignore you. On the other hand, there are some idiots who just don't
get it. Obviously, this is why they are idiots.

The Killer Loon freak who followed me here from another group is using
part of my nym thinking it can somehow harm me but it's post count died
out in the other group so it has nymshifted again. I guess everyone has
figured out by now that Killer Loon is the progeny of a human female and
some sort of livestock so I suppose I'll stop hammering away at it. ^_^

TDD

As was stated by Oren, it was obvious from day one who the troll is.
Some idiots simply have a deep void in their lives to fill. Gaining a
wee bit of attention in a newsgroup is apparently the best they can do
to satisfy their pathetic craving as I'm sure they are constantly shut
down in the real world.

Killer Loon is one of those bizarre Leftist freaks who's mind is ruled
by emotion instead of rationality. By design, everything it does is
irrational. ^_^

TDD