Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau[_2_] Wes Groleau[_2_] is offline

Default Ignoring with Thunderbird

On 12-15-2013, 14:07, The Daring Dufas wrote:
You can simply press "k" when you're in a thread and it will kill
that thread. I do that whenever I see a spammer, Arabic or other non English
writing. Try pressing "k" when you are on a thread that bothers you. ^_^

Unfortunately, that function is mislabeled. It acts on all posts in the
thread AT THE TIME. If anyone posts in the thread after you exit,
you'll see those posts when you run TB again.

But the "ignore thread/subthread" in the filters are actually persistent.

--
Wes Groleau

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns
it, and finds himself no wiser than before ... He is full of
murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having
come by their ignorance the hard way.
€” Kurt Vonnegut