Joe Emenaker

Default Dust collection flex tubing, what's good?

I... (Joe Emenaker) wrote:

I recall reading some article about a week ago where the author went
into 4 more-likely fire hazards in your DC system than static
electricity.

I found it!

Fine Woodworking's "Tools & Shops" issue Winter 2001/2002.

On page 48, Rod Cole (a MIT professor who's office is next an MIT prof
who happens to be an expert in the physics of lightning), wrote an
article called "PVC Pipe Dangers Debunked". He makes reference to an
even more exhaustive report on the web. I searched Google for "Rod
Cole PVC" and found this:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rodec/.../DC_myths.html

Enjoy!

- Joe