Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bad day in the shop better than a good day at work?

Dr. Deb wrote:

Welllllllll, you could have had my "almost" day. A couple of days
ago I went out to the shop after the temp made its way in the the mid
40's (10:30 or so) and got the stove ready to light a fire. While
cleaning out the ash, I noticed I had some live coals, so (being the
great frontier's man that I am) I used the coals to get the fire lit.
Everything was going like it oughta, the fire was coming up, the shop
was warming up (the stove is on one side of a partition and the shop
is on the other side). So I am working away and notice it is just
about Noon, but I have some round overs to run and then I will break
for lunch. Just then I noticed billows of smoke coming through the
door. I ran to the door and saw flames beside the stove (they were
supposed to be INSIDE it). I ran out side, grabbed the hose and
doused the flames. It seems that I had not used ALL the live coals
and my ash bucked it a plastic 5gal bucket, that I have been using
for years.

Well - shame on you in a big way! No one in their right mind EVER uses a
plastic bucket for their coals or ash! Fortunately - an lesson learned the
easy way, but... shame on you!

--

-Mike-