Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default bi-polar TeaBillies

In article ,
"Irreverent Maximus" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article , gonjah

There is nothing that they have done with the money. That is most of the
problem. Every cent that came in above what was needed (the "surplus")
was put the only place that it could, a special treasury security. There
is not now, nor has there ever been any flow of money to pay back the
principle let alone the interest.

LOL! Every cent that came in was spent. The "fund" is an accounting gimmick
to make the annual deficit look smaller. Clinton was fond of this and using
short term interest projections to cook his books. Actually, it was his
goons cooking the books, and the CBO did not make enough noise about this.
The mediots, of course, did not report the facts, either.

Nothing was spent. Every penny is still exactly where it was put. If
there had been a flow of income to pay it off, and it was diverted, then
I would say you have a point. While I agree that it was used for book
cooking purposes, that is a different thing altogether than to suggest
it was spent. If the deficit was smaller, it would be easier to repay.
But even if we had run surpluses for all of those years, we would still
need to come up with exactly the same amount of money.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²