Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We got heat ...

On 12/15/2013 11:17 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:11:15 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/13/2013 9:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/13/2013 9:36 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

And once I get the logistics of fire wood worked out , I look forward
to a toasty-warm and cheap discounting labor ... heating season this
year .
--
Snag

I do not miss fire wood, at all. Rainy nights and the mess. Starting a
fire
in the morning, taking a shower and running out the door before the house
warmed up. Bugs, and more bugs. However, as a secondary source of
heat, and
ambiance, not a bad thing.

I burned wood for 20 years. I find it much easier these days to just
turn the dial on the wall. It does have advantages, but it was a lot of
work.

I love a fire in a fireplace as long as it's not in my place. I've been
trying to get roommate to block the fireplace which hasn't seen a fire
in several years and it only let's air in and out wasting energy. o_O

They make balloons that you can stuff up a chimney and inflate, to
stop drafts. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I was thinking a big gob of silly putty might do the trick? ^_^

TDD