Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Look what happened to this feller's workshop

Swingman wrote:
On 12/15/2013 12:13 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Never would have thought that even brackish water would freeze in
Galveston. My wife lived in Houston (burbs) when she was young. She
tells amazing stories of the snowfalls (scrape an entire yard
to get enough snow to build a snowman) but never mentioned ground
water actually, you know, freezing. ;-)

Oh... what they *don't* know...

Spare us the Northern attitude that they are the only ones who can
drive in the snow:

Hello? Doing the good drugs today Karl? Where did I ever even hint at the
mention of driving in the snow? Look again at the context of the post I
replied to. It had nothing at all to do with driving. The brief discussion
was about the amount of snowfall in a yard.

http://www.courier-journal.com/Video...stern-New-York

Besides surviving a Winter Survival course in Garmisch, Germany, some
of us from the Gulf Coast were forced to drive daily, to an
active-in-the-air-defensive of Western Europe Missile site, through
some blizzards that would make even you Yankee snow macho's think
twice.

I'm sure you did - I know that conditions elsewhere are equally or more
demanding. But then again - you really don't know what we yankees go
through, do you? But again - that wasn't what this conversation was about.

I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying. Look at your
comments and my following comment again and I think you'll see it in a
different context

--

-Mike-