Nate Perkins

Default OT us soldiers re-enlisting at a high rate?

"xrongor" wrote:

this was started in a thread called 'one last time' and will be finished
here in this one.

in a different thread, todd fatheree has made the claim that us soldiers are
re-enlisting in the army at a 'high' rate.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I've heard this
mis-statistic quoted to suggest that military retention and
recruitment is up, or that military morale is high.

I think our troops deserve our respect for the fine job they are
doing. But anyone who follows the news or has relatives on active
duty (as I do) would know that there is a broad stop-loss in effect
for most of the military, and that recalls have even been issued for
recently retired IRR military. The reason stop-loss and recall orders
are issued is obvious: more troops are needed than are currently
available by normal means.

Regardless of political viewpoint, people should understand that our
regular military, reserves, and guard are stretched very thin.