Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Look what happened to this feller's workshop

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a "No-Fault"
state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.

That strikes me as quite odd. What would be the purpose of insurance if the
insurance company were to simply turn around and sue you for collecting?
Are you quite certain of what you claim Bill? Got any links to this kind of
behavior by insurance companies in Indianna?

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the companies "settle" upon).

Typically with no fault, insurance companies will pay for damages and look
into collecting from the other guy, whether it be the other guy or his
insurance.