Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Converting low pressure to high pressure domestic water

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
I am rebuilding a bathroom next year and beginning to scope it out. These
days finding taps that run on low pressure is quite difficult so I am
thinking of replacing the hot water cylinder with one that would take high
pressure and taking out the tank in the roof space. I presume it would
still be heated indirectly from the boiler which is 1.5 storeys below. That
would also solve a problem in the kitchen where the cold is on the mains
and the hot is on low pressure. At one time mixer taps were available
where this worked (eg KWC) - have they all gone now?

In the bathroom if this is too difficult/expensive I might keep the Ideal
Standard brassware - only 27 years old and working perfectly still.

Any pitfalls here?

You would be better to keep what you've got.
There are no advantages to changing over unless you like high pressure
showers.
If your incoming mains water pipe is crudded up, you may well find it takes
forever to fill the bath with a mains pressure hot water tank.
Also you would have moving parts that need to be maintained.