Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_5_] Windmill[_5_] is offline

Default RCA to HDMI - this simple?

fred writes:

In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes

Is it as simple as buying this item on ebay
eBay item number: 360760234853 - please?

I thought it was much more complex than that..

You're right, that's never going to work.

I assume there's a good reason for not using built in freeview rather
than external DVB by scart, sat perhaps?

I see what you mean about the number of alternate connections on new
tellies being cut, even 19" ones used to have PC and AV. If you can
wait, the Aldi and Lidl offerings usually have them.

Alternatives are to change your DVB source to something with HDMI out
(there are mini sat boxes for about 40quid that can output HDMI and are
small enough to be stuck to the back of the telly. I resisted the switch
for a while but life is a lot easier after changing to digital
connections.

Or in the true sense of DIY you could butcher a scart lead and add a
changeover toogle switch to the vid feed. This could be just out of view
behind the telly with just the toggle visible.

There seem to be an increasing number of converters which address this
sort of problem, many from China, some very good and others not so good.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m