Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio Antenna on street lights

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:27:30 -0000, Uncle Peter wrote:

I think streetlights are a waste of money. My car has headlights.

Nearest street lights to here are a mile and a half away. On a clear
moonless night the stars and milky way are stunning and provide
enough light to move about safely. Moon light is more than enough.
There is a bit of light pollution from Carlisle 30 miles away if you
know where to look but Teeside is the worst at over 40 miles, I pity
those that can only see a few of the brightest stars due to light
pollution.

Different matter on a thick cloudy night, it is dark, absolutely
dark, disturbingly dark, that's why I have a torch. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.