Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Help re-plumbing an air compressor.

On 12/14/2013 3:05 PM, Jerry Peters wrote:
amdx wrote:
On 12/14/2013 9:34 AM, amdx wrote:
On 12/9/2013 9:26 AM, amdx wrote:
On 12/9/2013 1:48 AM, N_Cook wrote:
On 09/12/2013 00:20, amdx wrote:

Sanford Manufacturing
Model 104A200-22
22 Gallon Tank
2 hp motor

Thanks, Mikek

I'm still having a problem.
I ordered a new pressure switch,
http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-switc...ef=pd_sim_hi_2

I have plumbed and wired it.
As I said before, the compressor has two outlets, one 3/8" and a smaller
one 1/4". The larger I connected to the tank, the smaller goes to the
unloader on the pressure switch.
The motor will start and then shortly the circuit breaker pops.
The air intake does has air coming out in puffs.
My next step will be opening the unloader tube to see if the
compressor will keep running. ( I think i might) but I don't know what
that means. I'll also change outlets, maybe I just have a weak breaker,
but I doubt it.
Later today, I'll take some pictures, maybe someone can see what I've
done wrong.

Thanks for you suggestions, Mikek

Here's a picture of my plumbing job,
http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...2e455.jpg.html
I did unhook the small tube going to the unloader and the compressor
will run fine. It does not have the air puffing out of the air intake as
before with the unloader tube connected.
I doesn't fill up the tank either, I suspect because all the air is
coming out the unloader tube.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Mikek

You do have the check valve connected in the right direction?

I have found the problem. Half of the check valve is part of a
manifold. The manifold should hold a spring to push the ball against
the seat. No Spring!
Thanks, Mikek