Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default What is smart about a smart DVD player?

Per micky:

The smart DVD with Wif sounded like just what I needed*** until I read
descriptions, reviews, and thought about it some more. Now I have big
doubts.

You're on the right track with the big doubts.

I bought a high-end LG for somebody a few months back.

Sounds impressive at first: WiFi, web browser, reads every format you
can think of...and so-on.

Then one gets to the remote.... sheesh!... it's just begging for a
keyboard what with the web browser... but it doesn't even have a
dedicated skip button... and it's operation is totally unlike any other
DVD player's remote. Gotta wonder what the people who sent something
like that to market were thinking of.
--
Pete Cresswell