Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Removing a Tub Surround

micky wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:34:14 -0500, "TomR" wrote:

I doubt that you could do something similar by trying to cut the
bottom inch off of the plastic tub surround, leave it in place,
remove and replace the tub, and then put some kind of bottom border
along the top of the tub. I think that won't work, but if you feel
like giving that a try, you could and let us know what happens.

Why don't you think that would work? It sounds like you have a good
idea there.

I am just not sure that there would be any easy or good way to cut the
bottom inch off without damaging or cracking the plastic tub surround. But,
maybe a sharp utility knife with a straightedge would work.

And then the other question is how to put a new trim piece in along the tub
and wall line after the tub goes back in place. But, maybe one of the trim
ideas that I posted above would work.