Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Debouncing Fails on My Remotes periodically!

On 14/12/2013 18:05, wrote:
Really annoying!

30" Sanyo pureflat CRT TV and JVC DVD/VHS combo remotes. Both have volume on their remotes and can be universally programmed.

Happens for a few minutes at random times - might happen twice per month, once per week, or twice per year.

I go to adjust the TV vol with either its native remote or the JVC's, and I press up or down, nothing happens. I press them harder, and the volume will keep going all the way up or all the way down.

Adjusting the volume via the buttons on the TV itself no problem.

What is causing the behavior of the two remotes??

you gave the reason yourself
" I press them harder"