Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default RCA to HDMI - this simple?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The kitchen TV has been showing signs of increasing illness and yesterday
it sadly died, its internal fuse had blown. I pulled it apart to take a
look, replaced the fuse and found the screen driver sub board had over
heated - so its scrap.

The good part of that TV was that it had both SCART for the DVB input and
RCA for the camera which watches the front of the house and it was easy
to switch between them. Looking for a replacement, I wasn't able to match
its inputs, but settled on a 1xSCART, 2xHDMI TV. So I now need to find
some means to use an HDMI input via which to feed an RCA from the camera.

Is it as simple as buying this item on ebay
eBay item number: 360760234853 - please?

I thought it was much more complex than that..

I would suggest not with that lead, as it seems to be component video to
HDMI, not composite video to HDMI you CCTV camera will no doubt need. RCA
is just the plug\socket type, not the signal going through it.

--
Toby... remove pants to reply