Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hench Hench is offline

Default Recommend a GOOD CFL

On 12/12/2013 8:35 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
On 12/11/2013 10:49 PM, Joe wrote:

I'd like to purchase some CFLs that have light output and color
temperature very similar to a standard 100 Watt incandescent bulb.
Also, it would be best if it fits within the size envelope of a standard
100 watt incandescent bulb, so that it will fit in some enclosed
fixtures.

I use the Home Despot-brand lamps. They're a little larger than a
standard bulb, though. But they're cheap and have a reasonable life span.

TCP is the company that manufactures CFls for American shops including
home Depot Walmart etc. There shold be no difference in private label
amongst the bigger shops as they are made in the same plant.

I'm not American so I could care less, but it looks like some of you are
so I will say this. Nobody makes CFL bulbs in America so don't look for
American made CFL, because they do no exist.