Posted to alt.home.repair
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default We got heat ...

Irreverent Maximus wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message

Got the pipe up today for the WBS and lit me a far ... and it's
just swell ! I did a bit of tune-up before I hooked it up , repaired
some broken fire bricks etc . This is a King Circulator , and I
think it's going to work out just fine . My wood was wet and green ,
so it took some time to build a nice bed of coals . But once it got
that sorted out it's been a steady heat . Looks like I better get
used to the chainsaw ... and go ahead and get all the standing dead
wood off my place . Part of that tune-up was replacing loose hinge
pins and tightening clamp dogs , and it paid off . Not a trace of
smoke smell from the stove , and that means there won't be a soot
problem in the house . And once I get the logistics of fire wood
worked out , I look forward to a toasty-warm and cheap discounting
labor ... heating season this year . --
Snag

I do not miss fire wood, at all. Rainy nights and the mess. Starting a
fire in the morning, taking a shower and running out the door before the
house warmed up. Bugs, and more bugs. However, as a secondary source of
heat, and ambiance, not a bad thing.

Been a while since you heated with wood , eh ? The technology has improved
a LOT since I had a Ben Franklin in my living room out in Utahahaha .
--
Snag

---