Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default We got heat ...

"Snag" wrote in message ...

Got the pipe up today for the WBS and lit me a far ... and it's just swell
! I did a bit of tune-up before I hooked it up , repaired some broken fire
bricks etc . This is a King Circulator , and I think it's going to work out
just fine . My wood was wet and green , so it took some time to build a nice
bed of coals . But once it got that sorted out it's been a steady heat .
Looks like I better get used to the chainsaw ... and go ahead and get all
the standing dead wood off my place .
Part of that tune-up was replacing loose hinge pins and tightening clamp
dogs , and it paid off . Not a trace of smoke smell from the stove , and
that means there won't be a soot problem in the house . And once I get the
logistics of fire wood worked out , I look forward to a toasty-warm and
cheap discounting labor ... heating season this year .
--
Snag

I do not miss fire wood, at all. Rainy nights and the mess. Starting a fire
in the morning, taking a shower and running out the door before the house
warmed up. Bugs, and more bugs. However, as a secondary source of heat, and
ambiance, not a bad thing.