Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Why does microwave trip breaker?

In article ,
micky wrote:

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:50:12 -0800 (PST), "Daring Dufas : Hypocrite
TeaBillie on welfare" wrote:

Let me seemed.

To.much current?

Does he run his coffee maker at the same time?

They've learned not to do that. It hasn't been on these last several
times the breaker tripped.

When I bought a large (at the time) microwave, I plugged it in and
started to heat a cup of water. There was a loud noise and the breaker
popped.

I took the microwave back and exchanged it. When I tried the same test
with the new one, the same thing happened. It turned out the breaker
was defective. Over 15 years later, the replacement microwave is still
working with the new breaker.

As far as using a coffee maker and a microwave at the same time, you may
be able to find two outlets that are on different breakers.

Fred