Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A question on ethics.

On 12/13/2013 12:21 PM, wrote:

I seriously doubt that the contract struck was one where he can
charge whatever he wants for the appliance. Perhaps the OP can
supply the missing details, but I'm betting the arrangement was
one where he was to be reimbursed for the cost of the appliance.
In which case, I would hope you would agree, the customer is
entitled to the rebated.

And I would have provided the customer with the rebate form
and whatever is necessary to claim it, because sometimes the
rebate never shows up and I would not want it to be my problem.

Even if they agreed on price, the customer likely
to be upset when s/he learns of a later rebate.
They will say "it's not fair".

--
..
Christopher A. Young