Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default RCA to HDMI - this simple?

On 13/12/2013 13:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The kitchen TV has been showing signs of increasing illness and
yesterday it sadly died, its internal fuse had blown. I pulled it apart
to take a look, replaced the fuse and found the screen driver sub board
had over heated - so its scrap.

The good part of that TV was that it had both SCART for the DVB input
and RCA for the camera which watches the front of the house and it was
easy to switch between them. Looking for a replacement, I wasn't able to
match its inputs, but settled on a 1xSCART, 2xHDMI TV. So I now need to
find some means to use an HDMI input via which to feed an RCA from the
camera.

Is it as simple as buying this item on ebay
eBay item number: 360760234853 - please?

almost certainly not...

I thought it was much more complex than that..

It is.

If you read the description on item 231113752867 it makes it clear its
for a very specific application that not what you are trying to do.

(its also only applicable to component video and not CVBS)

Could you clarify what you mean by DVB input?

Basically your RCA feed needs to go into the scart.

--
Cheers,

John.