Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electonics.repair

Default Why does microwave trip breaker?

On 12/13/2013 9:34 AM, micky wrote:
AC clamp on ammeter only goes around one of the
power wires (power or neutral). As such, we use
a splitter, so you can clamp one of the wires
but not the other. If you clamp the entire
microwave cord, you read zero amps of current.

Oh, yeah. I get it.

I used to have a clamp-on attachment, but I bought a cheap clamp-on
meter from HF and sold the attachment for a dollar at a hamfest.
STill haven't used that either. But I probably will if I live long
enough.

I use ammeter, now and again while working on equipment.
Can be very useful information.

--
..
Christopher A. Young