Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCA to HDMI - this simple?

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:29:25 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Is it as simple as buying this item on ebay
eBay item number: 360760234853 - please?

I'm sure you are correct. How is a passive lead going to to A to D
conversion?

Who says it's passive? There is +5 V @ 50 mA available on a HDMI
socket and a A-D chip doesn't take up much space... Having said that
I'd still want further information. The bigger snag is that example
is for *component* ie matrixed RGB (possibly S-Video), rather than
*composite* PAL or NTSC video that I expect the security camera is
putting out.

Why not split the scart input with a scart switch box and a RCA
composite video to scart adaptor

That would work, the DVB may use RGB rather than composite video so
it might be possible to just wire the camera into the single Scart
plug and put a switch in the pin 16 line from the DVB to toggle
between the DVB and camera devices. A commercial switch box might be
more acceptable to the management though B-)

Composite video (CVBS) to HDMI convertors are out there. The ones
I've found do 720p or 1080p at 60 Hz on the HDMI but that shouldn't
be a problem for a modern set. I'd still read the sets specs
though...

--
Cheers
Dave.