Posted to alt.home.repair
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default winter is here in Central Ontario.

RobertMacy wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 07:46:08 -0700, Snag wrote:
...snip...

I dread
getting the 'lectric bill this cycle , it's going to be high from the
extreme for this area cold . We're currently using a space heater
as it's
cheaper and much less hassle than LPG . Next month I expect it to be
somewhat lower , as by then I should have the new room hooked up to
the camper , and it'll be heated with wood .

Always amazed me when we changed from 'hot air' heating to 'glowing
electric' heater the difference in comfort. We went from bones
chilling while sitting still and roasting when moving around, to
feeling 'good inside' and feeling cool air when we moved around.
Absolutely the right way to go.

I'm now convinced that with a good red-hot fire burning in a
relatively cool room is the way to go. Fire burning in an appropriate
location, of course.

My main concern about the wood stove is that it's way too big for the
current space - and will overheat us . And a room with a red hot stove won't
be cool for long ... I have one of my forge burners set up in a turkey
fryer-type stand , and have been using it to warrm the room while I do some
of the inside stuff . With it turned as low as I can and still sustain a
flame it'll heat me out in under an hour .
--
Snag

---