Posted to alt.home.repair
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default winter is here in Central Ontario.

Pete C. wrote:
wrote:

-10F this morning in Waterloo Ontario - DAMN THAT"S COLD!!!!
Got another inch of snow overnight - so we are up to MABEE 5 inches
so far for the winter.
Furnace ran 5 hours and 40 minutes yesterday, and a bit over an hour
and a half already this morning (to 8 am) including coming back up
from set-back.

It's been cold enough here in N. TX the past week that the heat pump
has spent a good amount of time on defrost cycle or just giving up
and going to backup. Fortunately that only happens for a week or two
each year.

I forgot to leave the faucet dripping when I made coffee this morning ...
and had to go out and thaw the outdoor faucet AND the inlet where the hose
hooks to the camper . And it only took about 30 minutes to freeze . I dread
getting the 'lectric bill this cycle , it's going to be high from the
extreme for this area cold . We're currently using a space heater as it's
cheaper and much less hassle than LPG . Next month I expect it to be
somewhat lower , as by then I should have the new room hooked up to the
camper , and it'll be heated with wood .
--
Snag

---