Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Husqy or Stihl?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:22:42 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:37:42 PM UTC-8, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:36:45 -0500, Stormin Mormon

wrote:

On 12/11/2013 10:21 PM, Oren wrote:

Saw files can be found at some stores. Same

diameter, the length of the file. Works, for me.

Taper files, not as suited for saw chain.

Are you saying a metal rat tail file is not feasible? I disagree.

I don't think a rat tail (taper) file is

good for saw chain. Better to have a saw

file, same diameter the length of it.

Speak to a professional Arborist. Ask 'em what they use. It really

doesn't take much effort to sharpen a chain before you climb a tall

pine tree and drop the branches. YMMV

A pro would not use a "rat-tail" file, i.e, one that tapers from one end to the other in the tooth portion. Now if you are talking about a file that has the thin pointed _handle_ end, so do the standard chainsaw files. They have no taper in the tooth portion.

Harry K

Thanks. Maybe I was trying to say that. The file is "round", easily
works to sharpen a chain on the saw. One of my brothers was a
professional arborist.

Reminds me a rat tail. Not a rasp, but a fine tooth metal file.