Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:26:26 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:12:19 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:57:29 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:21:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:23:35 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Speaking of wheel problems, how do you properly seal rim leaks on
steel and aluminum wheels? I haven't had particularly good luck with
Slime on my garden tractor's rusty rims, and now one of the car's
tires is slowly losing air along the bead.
jsw

Tubes

If you use tubes make SURE they are radial tubes - or bias tires.
Michelin Aistops work for radials - but you are limited to about
65mph. Make sure you dust the tire and tube well with Talc to prevent
heating the tube.

Must be one fast mothafricken lawn tractor!!

He said one of his car tires is loosing air along the bead. On a lawn
tractor you can use anything that holds air - heat and ballance are
not an issue.
Slime cannot seal a bead leak - pretty useless on sidewalls too.
Pretty good on tread leaks but a good kevlar boot to prevent
puncturing the tube works even better for thorns etc.