Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default What's it called ... ?

Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone know the name or catalogue description of that flat ribbon
cable, usually grey but sometimes black, that has a sort of 'web'
between the conductors, and is tinned when you strip it ?

I call it "power ribbon cable", but I don't know if that's the official
name. It is all over the place in the larger Japanese consumer
equipment I have taken the lids off of, like VCRs and stereos. Along
that line, I Googled up some Japanese wire companies, but I can't find
any that admit to making it, at least on their English web sites.

Anyone ?

3M 8132 might be closer to what you want; it is 18 AWG wires (about 0.8
mm^2) on 0.156" (3.96 mm) centers. They seem to call it "power flat
cable". More information might be available at this hideous link:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...gl1NNRWNJR31bl

The same thing with resistor colors and 22 AWG wires (about 0.3 mm^2) is
3391:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...gl1NNRWNJR31bl

Matt Roberds