Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to set a (#$^%~!) ProgrammableThermostat ???????

On 12/10/2013 06:26 PM, wrote:

[snip]

However, before I spend the money on another thermostat, I'm going to
ask on here if anyone can tell me how to make this thermostat work in a
manual manner. In other words, simply stay on the temperature I set it
to. They say us elders have problems with technology, and I'll admit,
I'm one of them.

What I have is this. It's a Honeywell brand. It has a couple switches
on the side. one is to turn on the fan manually, which does nothing.
The other is for AC or HEAT. It's set to HEAT. (there is no AC).
Then there is the digital readout that shows the indoor temp. And shows
the temp I'm setting when I use the up and down arrow buttons.
There are 3 more buttons, one says SET (for setting the clock, I guess).
One says HOLD (WTF is that for?). I cant remember what the other one
says since I'm in my house now.

Can anyone tell me how to set this godamn thing so it stays at the temp
I want????

I think the problem is the thermostat loses power when the furnace goes
off. It "forgets" its settings and goes to 40 degrees (probably set that
way at the factory so as to prevent freezing).

That thermostat probably has a battery that is either failed or missing.

"HOLD" temporarily disables the timer features, which you seem to be not
using. It won't help with this problem.

Thanks

PS. There are two wires that go to the furnace. Putting a jumper across
them makes the furnace run continuously.

--
14 days until The winter celebration (Wednesday December 25, 2013 12:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Status Symbol: n. Something that you don't want, that you buy with
money that you don't have, to impress people that you don't know."