Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_14_] SteveB[_14_] is offline

Default Best brand of duct tape?

On 12/9/2013 2:39 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per SteveB:
I like gaffer's tape and Gorilla Tape. The rest is a crapshoot on what it is made of, and how long it will last.

Nobody mentioned residue - i.e. how much of a gummy mess is left
behind when the tape is removed.

I'm too cheap to buy it, but what I like about gaffer's tape is that
it's engineered to not leave any gunk behind.

Dunno about Gorilla tape... how is it in that respect?

It does leave residue, but I have been finding some items repaired with
Gorilla tape that were in much better shape than I expected when it came
to degree of deterioration. Can't beat gaffer's tape, tho, and because
it is so much better, you use less. I put a single 3" wide strip over
an extension cord in the garage. Ten years later, it hasn't worn
through in one spot. Of course, I used to get it FREE at the
conventions. Never bought a roll in my life, but it is spendy, and
that's for the low end stuff.

Steve