Doug Winterburn

Default OT us soldiers re-enlisting at a high rate?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:17:14 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

The first link was about a draft, written by a former AF 1st Sgt., who
served his entire time in the volunteer military. Given that combination,
I'm not at all sure he's the best source for an opinion stating the draft
will never come back. He can't see how it would be done, but, then, he
doesn't appear to know how it WAS done for upwards of 30 years. When it
comes back, expect the same screw-ups and dissatisfactions and complaints,
tripled, because women will now be included.

I think it boils down to the fact that we have as many people in the
military as the budgeteers (congress and senate) are willing to support.
And if more are needed, there are enough volunteers available without
reinstating the draft unless we're going to double or triple the size of
our military.

-Doug

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.