Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:01:05 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Can you id. parts in the furnace like piezo ignitor, limit switches

Here's what I've identified, so far:

This is the "3-wire pilot assembly":
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/1...8e651e36_o.gif

This is the high-voltage ignitor:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/1...04b85a9f_o.gif

This is the "gas valve" (I tapped on both solenoids):
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7358/1...fbde6523_o.gif

This is a fusible link and something called a "lockout timer":
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/1...56224304_o.gif

This appears to be the Limit Switch (I can't find the VSSS):
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2814/1...0de1c8bd_o.gif

This compartment holds the fan-control PCB:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5503/1...351134b4_o.gif

This is the terminal set from the thermostat (and elsewhere):
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2849/1...e7793ca9_o.gif

This 3 Amp fuse tested good:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3759/1...c03444e1_o.gif

This is the "fan control board":
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7443/1...bf7cb9e1_o.gif

This is the door safety switch:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3789/1...1f88de9a_o.gif

This is the on/off switch for the gas, which remains on:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7295/1...4cc8b179_o.gif

This is the 16x25x1 3M filter:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2814/1...7ba0ef50_o.gif

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out how to test the lockout
timer, which might be preventing the propane gas from flowing ...