Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:00:54 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So now that I've identified "most" of the parts (I'm not sure what
the purpose of the lockout timer and that sensor thing are), it's
time for me to figure out what/how to test and debug the thing...

IIRC, your manual mentioned spark ignitor.

I think the lockout timer and spark ignitor are two different things:

Here is the spark igniter (I think):
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/1...04b85a9f_o.gif

Here is the lockout timer (I'm sure - because it says so):
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/1...56224304_o.gif

The PDF doesn't describe the lockout timer; but there is a schematic
pasted on the inside of the furnace door that purports to describe it:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/1...27d0a8ef_o.gif

I'm still not sure how it works though - but maybe it is the culprit...

I think you're having fun, but you really need to call the man.

I'm getting close because, for a while, tonight, it was all working:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7427/1...ceb36cd5_o.gif

But, then it stopped as soon as I accidentally allowed the door switch
to spring open (I bumped it while trying to measure voltages).