Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:19:44 -0600, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

1st: Remove furnace access door (effectively cuts off control power).
2nd: Put thermostat back together making sure that all switches are in
the -off- position, and turn the temperature select to its lowest
setting.
3rd: Replace furnace door.
Does the blower immediately turn on still?

Nope. Now the blower doesn't go on at all when I hold down the furnace door
switch. I did hear some snapping at one point, but then it went away.
It was like a sharp click click click...

So I opened the blower door (to interrupt the power) and gently tapped on
everything, especially the solenoids; and I wiggled all the wires. I found
one that seemed loose; and now it's back on tightly...