Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:54:12 -0600, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

Some units will use a cord plugged into a receptacle. Usually
this is only for control voltage, but in his case the control
power supply also powers the blower. He might have a disconnect
that he has not noticed. Usually this is required, but if in
eyesight of the panel I don't think it is in this case.

I'll look again tomorrow, by following the power wires, to see
where they go - and if there is a shutoff switch that I didn't
see yet.

It's dark and cold downstairs now, so I'll wait for daylight where
I can snap better pictures for you.