Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Failed air conditioner run capacitor pictures

Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:

Hello all!

About eight years ago, the run cap in my outdoor A/C unit failed;
replacing it made it work fine for at least a few more years, until
I moved out of that house.

I found the dead cap while cleaning some stuff up, so I took some
pictures of it before tossing it. Maybe these will help someone
recognize a bad cap someday.

http://www.birdbird.org/electronics/...c-run-cap.html

Matt Roberds

How BORING! Wish I had a picture of the one that blew on our
ANCIENT Bryant condensing unit. It blew the cap halfway
apart, I think there was a soldered seam down the side of an
oval unit, and it opened it right up. It took some care to not
get cut on the edges while replacing it.

Jon

Hi,
I think that was BIG discovery for the OP.