Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default How to tell if a Heater is for LP or Nat Gas?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 04:34:27 -0500, ralph wrote:

On 12/09/2013 09:44 PM, wrote:
picked up one of those semi-portable (no chimney needed) gas
fireplaces at an auction. The price was right, so I bought it. On the
rear is a label that says "how to connect", and it lists both LP and Nat
gas. But nowhere on the unit does it say which gas it's setup for.

Sniff the inlet fitting. You can often smell which type of fuel was last used.

Now that is a great idea that I never thought of..... Thanks.