Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Failed air conditioner run capacitor pictures

wrote:

Hello all!

About eight years ago, the run cap in my outdoor A/C unit failed;
replacing it made it work fine for at least a few more years, until
I moved out of that house.

I found the dead cap while cleaning some stuff up, so I took some
pictures of it before tossing it. Maybe these will help someone
recognize a bad cap someday.

http://www.birdbird.org/electronics/...c-run-cap.html

Matt Roberds

How BORING! Wish I had a picture of the one that blew on our
ANCIENT Bryant condensing unit. It blew the cap halfway
apart, I think there was a soldered seam down the side of an
oval unit, and it opened it right up. It took some care to not
get cut on the edges while replacing it.

Jon