Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default Air brick regulations or recommendations

On 10/12/2013 12:41, James Harris wrote:
Anyone know what the UK regulations are for air bricks? Or, failing that,
any general recommendations on their use and airflow to the rest of a house?
By air brick I mean something like this:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbvie...-air-brick.jpg

Many years ago I was advised to improve ventilation by removing that
type of airbrick - large opening but the brick has only small holes
allowing a limited airflow - and replacing it with something like
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p70541
which has a much larger airflow opening.