Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Air brick regulations or recommendations

James Harris wrote:
Anyone know what the UK regulations are for air bricks? Or, failing
that, any general recommendations on their use and airflow to the rest of
house? By air brick I mean something like this:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbvie...-air-brick.jpg

I probably should ask some specific questions but they would be many!
so it may be best to get some general advice first.

It depends what you want to know.
It also depends whether your house has blown wool insulation or will be
getting it in the future.
And whether your downstairs floors are suspended (floorboards on beams).
Having changed probably 5000 of these over the years (CWI installer) I may
be able to help you with specifics